3 R’s Game Time!
Recycling with kids is incredibly important to do, and a good concept to promote as parents and educators. While kids are home try and demonstrate the three R’s- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle! Kids will see that recycling goes beyond simply having a second garbage bin. By repurposing items before throwing them away, kids will learn that making new items from recycled ones takes less energy and fewer resources than making products from brand new materials.
Here are 5 games Reusing recyclables:
- Paper Towel Roll & Pom Pom Challenge– Here is a game reusing a cardboard box and toilet paper rolls. This is simple to make and tons of fun! A perfect STEM activity that incorporates engineering and math; it’s also great for fine motor skills, balance and coordination. Source: Raising Dragons
2. Cardboard Box Marble Labyrinth– This cardboard box marble labyrinth game is simple to put together, and another great motor skills, balance and coordination game! Source: Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls
3. Balloon Cup Shooters- Here is a fun game to play that will keep the kids busy! Using leftover party balloons and plastic cups try this Balloon Cup Shooter, they will definitely keep the kiddos entertained for a few hours. Source: Happy Go Lucky Blog
4. Cup and Ball- The aim of the game is to put the fish into the shark’s mouth, or to put the bee into the flower, The simpler variant is with a ball tied with a thread. Source: Krokotak
5. Bottle Catch:Don’t throw away those empty bleach bottles—transform them into an outdoor catching game for kids!
- Cut the end off a cleaned bleach bottle and remove the label.
- Wrap the bottle with colorful washi tape, and you’re ready to play catch!