3 R’s Online Games!
Teaching your children about the 3 R’s,-Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle, can be easily explained through online games. These games can be incorporated into any routine for a quick and fun way to encourage learning. Through online games, kids can learn about recycling virtually and can apply what they learn to recycling at home.
Here are 5 online games that teach kids about Recycling:
1. Litter Critters– This game teaches kids the basics of recycling with the Litter Critters! Kids will sort trash into four different litter categories: recyclables, compost, electronic waste, and landfill waste. Each category explains what items are accepted before the game begins. If your child likes a challenge, check out the harder level! Source: ABCya
2. Recycle City– Would you like to learn about recycling in a city setting? Explore Recycle City to see how people reduce waste, use less energy, and save money by doing simple things at home, at work, and in their local neighborhoods. Source: EPA
3. Recycling Waste– This game is all about the separation process. Given 3 bins, garbage is sent on a conveyor to be sorted properly as either compost, recycling, or trash. Source: TurtleDiary
4. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle– Teaching the three R’s comes easy with two BrainPOP! Jr. games. The first game is Sortify, label each bin and sort them! The second game is Drag-and-Drop, where materials are dropped into bins to show what can be recycled, composted, thrown away, or sold at a yard sale! Source: BrainPOP! jr.
5. Super Sorter– Keep America Beautiful has provided a fun way to understand how to sort recyclables. The goal is to sort all of the materials as they progress down the conveyor belt and send the recyclables on their way to becoming something new and valuable. Source: Keep America Beautiful
(Reminder: Recycling disposal differs city to city and materials in the game may or may not be considered recyclable in your area.)