We are searching for a few more good souls to help us out on Arbor Day. We really need more help on the West Side of Pearland. We will be at the Westside Event Center. Read more to find a link to the registration page…
HIRING: Office Administrator
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (SUBMISSION WINDOW NOW CLOSED)
Job Class: Administrative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Listing Date: Aug 21, 2019
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
Application link follows job description.
General Description of Job
The Office Administrator is a renaissance position entailing many different duties across a multitude of disciplines and responsibilities. The Office Administrator ensures smooth running of the organization’s office and contributes in driving sustainable growth by managing the day-to-day administrative tasks not specifically delineated to the executive team. This position serves as a critical support role to the rest of the staff to enable the entire team to work efficiently and effectively.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing;
• Answer main phone line, provide general information, and direct calls to appropriate staff members;
• Prepare and manage accounts payables, accounts receivables, deposits, budget input and monthly financial reports;
• Participate in community outreach activities and all necessary meetings;
• Maintain office and facility equipment maintenance schedules;
• Assist with the orientation and training of new employees, board members, and other office
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to bylaws;
• Manage agendas, travel arrangements, and appointments for executive team and board members;
• and Assist with KTB and KAB reporting requirements to ensure program compliance.
Coordinate all membership communication including welcome letters, follow-ups, renewal notices, promotional items and recognitions.
• Solicit volunteers for events, cleanups, and other programs;
• and Maintain and engage current volunteers while recruiting and welcoming new volunteers.
Maintain Office Records
• Continually update design of and maintain filing system to reflect best practices;
• Ensure protection and security of all data and files;
• Maintain data and information for Cost Benefit reporting;
• Ensure personnel, volunteer, membership, and board files/records are up-to-date;
• and Transfer and destroy files according to the Records Retention Policy.
Maintain Office Efficiency
• Maintain and replenishing inventory;
• Check supplies regularly;
• Generate purchase orders as necessary;
• Maintain inventory matrices to track all items for KPB programs;
• and Perform other related duties as assigned by KPB Staff.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
Bachelor’s degree (BSc or B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred. A high school diploma with relevant experience of at least one (1) year is required.
At least one (1) year of experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Additionally, knowledge of Adobe CS products will provide a considerable advantage for meeting goals in a timely fashion for this position.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk for extended period of time; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms above the head and communicate in English, and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment of this job is a general office setting with exposure to outside noise. Educational programming may require extended exposure to the outdoors or off-site facilities including schools, parks, natural areas and government buildings. The recycling center accepts household hazardous waste, where minimal exposure may occur.
Keep Pearland Beautiful is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act, KPB will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview, reference and criminal background checks, Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) and drug screens are required. In addition, job related tests may also be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Keep Pearland Beautiful and the employee and is subject to change by Keep Pearland Beautiful as the needs of KPB and requirements of the job change.
SUBMISSION WINDOW HAS BEEN CLOSED.