K.I.P.P.E.R.S. (Kids in Pearland Preserving the Environment by Responsible Service)
In a close collaboration with Pearland ISD Keep Pearland Beautiful supports the KIPPER clubs at the Pearland ISD Middle Schools (children 10-12 years old). Efforts are underway to support the same effort in the upper grades at the Alvin ISD elementary schools in Pearland. The KIPPERS participate in activities on their campuses and vow to become more environmentally responsible citizens of Pearland. The KIPPERS sign the following pledge that actually would be great for us all to follow.
I pledge to do my best to:
- 1. participate in activities the K.I.P.P.E.R.S. sponsor on my campus.
- 2. reduce my own “negative impact” on the environment, such as reducing the amount of paper towels, napkins, running water, etc. that I use.
- 3. recycle all of my used paper, plastic drink bottles, and aluminum cans.
- 4. encourage my classmates to conserve resources, as well as to reduce, reuse and recycle materials on campus.
- 5. help improve the beauty of the natural world by helping with clean-up and planting efforts, on my campus and in my community, whenever I can.
- 6. increase my knowledge of how to make positive differences in caring for the environment, including litter and graffiti abatement and how to reduce pollution of the air, water and land.
- 7. educate my family and neighbors about things they can do to preserve our environment.
- 8. support our local affiliate of Keep Texas/Keep America Beautiful, which is Keep Pearland Beautiful.
The KIPPERs help to put on a Community Wide Environmental Fair every year. Everyone in Pearland is invited to attend this event and see the KIPPERS in action. Keep Pearland Beautiful is always looking for help from the community to support this and our other Environmental Education Programs.